New Hartford, NY
You are inspired by art and beauty, but also bring life to our clients’ stories by constantly thinking strategically. Your composition skills, superhuman eye for detail, and understanding of typography allow you to push through the mold with your designs.
About the Role
We’re seeking a Senior Designer to create stunning visual products that inspire, inform, and communicate. You’ll work across a wide range of mediums, on a wide range of projects. From crafting stunning and memorable brand identity systems to marketing landing pages, social media, and more.
- Conduct conceptual exploration, establish direction and design solutions, and ensure successful implementation of that direction through production.
- Assist with the creation of visual designs, typography, visual concepts, logos, and icons.
- Help establish art direction of projects.
- Lead the design of scalable, flexible design systems that are optimized for a range of devices.
- Create images and select photography that properly conveys the key brand
- Champion usability, accessibility, and mobile-friendly standard methodologies.
- Knowledge of basic motion design skills, with a willingness to learn.
- Strong portfolio demonstrating an ability to develop ideas with exceptional design quality for a broad range of digital channels to drive business results
- Confident and enthusiastic speaker and presenter
Who You Are
You’re a highly-organized innovative thinker, have a keen eye for detail and precision, and can work independently while embracing collaboration. Also? You won’t get your feelings hurt if a client wants a different color palette.
- Minimum 5+ years of design experience
- Expertise in Adobe Creative suite
- Possession of an undergraduate degree
- Basic knowledge of interactive design is a plus
- Excellent design, color, and typographic skills
- Ability to interact at all levels of the company and with external parties in a professional manner maintaining effective communication, both written and spoken
- Adept at preemptively identifying problems and devising solutions
- A dedication to high-quality work and to positive and productive relationships with all clients, team members, peers, managers, etc.
- Skills in sophisticated problem-solving, judgment, critical thinking, and decision-making
- Understand how information architecture and schematics translate into design
- Understand the concepts of functionality and usability
- Ability to be versatile and handle multiple projects and priorities
- Ability to organize information, prioritize, demonstrate attention to detail, and accurately follow procedures
- Ability to maintain self-motivation and to work independently in team environments
Who We Are
TRAINOR is a digitally-driven brand management collaborative that is passionate about delivering performance and results. We are storytellers at heart and are always asking ourselves, what can we do better? How can we disrupt the mold?
We have clients all over the world and love to delight them and embrace all types of new technology and techniques. In fact, if our current best practices are insufficient, we create new ones! We also value your voice and — when well-timed and executed — a good sense of humor.